Friday, April 12, 2013

A happy announcement!


This past weekend marks my first General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an apostate.  I was officially and legally a non member as if February  21st,  when the church records office received  my resignation  email. I received  a letter a week later dated on the 21st  notifying me, that against  my specific directions, the matter was being turned over to my 'local ecclesiastical leaders'  and that they were going to drag out the process just to be assholes.   Oh,  I also got my lovely invitation pamphlet (another thing I specifically stated that I did not want) from the 1st  Presidency.  This led to a handful of increasingly snarky emails  to my Stake President which he ignored or at least didn't bother responding to until about the 6th one, which was sent to My Bishop and cc'd to the Stake President and the Confidential records department.

 It was not until April 5th  that I received  my 2 sentence confirmation  letter  which was sent April 2nd.  40 days for 2 sentences.  Fucking corporate bullshit! There was no goddamned  reason not to accede  to my very specific and clearly stated instructions to process my request  immediately  without all the red tape and bureaucratic nonsense.   I know some for whom the entire process to a mere 6 days,  others I know have submitted their initial request months and years ago and still have had no response.   The corporate fuckery of this ridiculous church just pisses meet off.

Fuck the Mormon Church!   I am no longer one of their ranks and  couldn't be more thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment